Website Rhizome Consulting
Rhizome Consulting is a boutique management consulting firm providing organisational development and human capital solutions. We help organisations to improve their performance through analysis of their human capital potentials and challenges.
About the Organisation:
Our client is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) dedicated to providing humanitarian aid and development support in Nigeria. They operate in various sectors, including health, education, livelihoods, WASH and emergency response. They work in collaboration with local communities, governments, and other organisations to achieve the intended mission.
The position holder will be responsible for the day-to-day planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of direct service delivery activities at the client’s project site(s) including health facilities and community geolocations. S/he will directly manage site staff and ensure that direct service delivery activities meet established quality standards. S/he will serve as the programme liaison with local government, partners, health facility staff, community leaders, and other stakeholders for programme success.
- Provide supportive supervision, technical support, and mentorship to Facility and Community partners on using programme standards.
- Based on identified quality gaps, initiate the development of relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs) and improvement plans for programme implementation.
- Plan and coordinate site staff recruitments.
- In consultation with site staff, plan and coordinate site-based programme activities in health facility and communities
- Plan and coordinate donor, head office personnel, Ministry of Health, and other implementing partner site visits.
- Develop project workplans and reportLead the dissemination of programme findings and recommendations and facilitate discussions with programme teams to identify and address areas for improvement.
- Collaborate and support M&E Officers to ensure data and reporting quality.
- Support the site-level use of the client’s quality improvement and strategic management tools, both paper and electronic.
- Data entry of programme data generated monthly at the health facility level.
- Conduct data quality audits on a month-to-month basis using existing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for programme related materials (M&E tools, site supplies, etc.)
- Ensure prudent use of resources at project sites.
- Take minutes of programme-related meetings.
- Monitor and report on any safety and security-related incidents involving site staff.
- Conduct training needs assessments.
- Plan and coordinate pre-service and in-service trainings.
- Co-facilitate pre-service and in-service trainings.
- Provide ongoing mentorship to site staff on usage of mHealth applications.
- A degree or its equivalent in clinical science, nursing, public health, public policy, social science, or related field or related field
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of five years’ field experience in public health work with a focus on Reproductive Maternal Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH), HIV/AIDS programming, and/or primary health care (PHC)
- Strong technical knowledge of RMNCH/HIV/PHC
- Experience with managing staff, especially community health workers. Experience in on-site technical supervision using programmatic tools.
- Experience in the implementation and management of M&E systems, involving capacity building for site-level staff, as well as monitoring and promotion of data quality and use of data for decision making and quality improvement.
- Experience in data management, including data entry and extraction of reports, and in writing programme reports
- Demonstrated knowledge of/exposure to relevant policies and guidelines
- Experience with mobile health (mHealth) applications strongly preferred.
- Experience working within state and local health systems in Nigeria, with lay health care workers and peer educators preferred. Experience working with government, donors, and non-governmental organisations at state and local level