Website Rhizome Consulting
Rhizome Consulting is a boutique management consulting firm providing organisational development and human capital solutions. We help organisations to improve their performance through analysis of their human capital potentials and challenges.
The position holder will be responsible for supporting strategic procurement activities and order management, as well as assisting in the oversight and management of procurement activities for beneficiaries. S/he will provide guidance on procurement policies and procedures, analyse and strengthen the entities’ procurement capacity, and ensure compliance with procurement regulations.
- Support the Team/Group leader in ensuring procurement procedures are effectively followed in compliance with the fund recipients Procurement Manuals and donor’s requirements
- Assist in checking and approving procurement paperwork prepared by relevant procurement staff including procedures for internal controls and systems of accountability
- Ensure all suppliers related information file is complete, kept up to date and renewed annually
- Organise quarterly local market surveys and ensure Vendor Roster and other supplier information is kept up-to-date and referenced during the procurement process
- Maintain costing data to enable budget holders have easy access to prices for budget formulation
- Ensure procurement reports are circulated to all budget holders on a weekly basis
- Review all financial transactions of the Principal Recipients and Sub Recipients relating to the procurement of goods and services
- Ensure that payment paperwork attached to procurement files are complete, correct and have the relevant signatures before they are submitted to finance department for payment
- Communicate to all relevant staff on orders awaiting approvals to ensure that they do not get delayed in the system
- Ensure that all comments on delays in procurement, special procurement requirements or other relevant information is updated on a daily basis.
- Improve systems and procedures for procurement as directed by the Fund Recipient Head of Procurement
- Capacity Building: identify any other recurring shortcomings at the Principal Recipient and Sub Recipients levels, and propose relevant strengthening measures regarding reinforcement of control and verification skills stressing compliance verification with procurement procedures.
- Any other related duties as required by management
- A degree in Procurement, Supply Management, Logistics or Administration or any relevant field of study.
- A post-graduate degree will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of the procurement practice in Nigeria
- Proven ability to develop staff and provide training on systems and procedures
- Committed team player and ability to work within a multicultural team
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a dynamic work environment
- Previous work experience in the health sector
About the Project
The Global Fund is a public-private partnership and international financing institution dedicated to attracting and disbursing additional resources to prevent and treat HIV and AIDS, TB and malaria.