Website Rhizome Consulting
Rhizome Consulting is a boutique management consulting firm providing organisational development and human capital solutions. We help organisations to improve their performance through analysis of their human capital potentials and challenges.
The position holder will lead and oversee the design and implementation of MEL systems for the organisation. The MEL Manager will be responsible for ensuring effective monitoring and evaluation of programme activities, assessing progress towards objectives, identifying areas for improvement, and facilitating organisational learning.
- Develop and implement an organisation-wide MEL strategy, including a framework for monitoring and evaluating programmes, and a plan for learning and adapting.
- Work closely with programme teams to design and implement monitoring and evaluation plans that align with programme objectives and donor requirements.
- Oversee the collection, analysis, and reporting of programme data, ensuring that it is accurate, timely, and of high quality.
- Develop and manage MEL budgets and work plans, ensuring that resources are allocated appropriately to support effective MEL activities.
- Lead the dissemination of programme findings and recommendations, and facilitate discussions with programme teams to identify and address areas for improvement.
- Build the capacity of staff and partners on MEL concepts, tools, and techniques, and promote a culture of learning within the organisation.
- Foster strong relationships with donors, partners, and other stakeholders, and represent the organisation in relevant MEL forums and events.
- Stay up-to-date on best practices in MEL, and make recommendations to improve the organisation’s MEL systems and processes
- A degree in any relevant field of study.
- A post-graduate degree will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience
- Dynamic and quick thinker with an ability to think innovatively and establish new ways of doing things, whilst capturing and applying learning
- Self-starter that uses their initiative and provides solutions to problems
- Team worker that can bring a people together and take people with them, aiding other in articulating and applying complex MEL approaches to their work
- Ability to work in a small team, with a strong sense of personal accountability
- Proven skills and experience in designing and implementing comprehensive M&E tools and systems for complex adaptive programmes
- Proven quantitative and qualitative research and research management experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience within the Nigerian security sector
- Strong, demonstrable experience and knowledge of institutional development, public sector reform, public administration, or similar fields is also preferred
- Understanding of problem driven, iterative and adaptive programming
About the Organisation
The client is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) dedicated to providing humanitarian aid and development support in Nigeria. They operate in various sectors, including health, education, livelihoods, WASH and emergency response. They work in collaboration with local communities, governments, and other organisations to achieve the intended mission.