Website Rhizome Consulting
Rhizome Consulting is a boutique management consulting firm providing organisational development and human capital solutions. We help organisations to improve their performance through analysis of their human capital potentials and challenges.
The position holder will provide professional legal advice and expertise on all legal matters across the different subsidiaries. S/he will be responsible for managing environmental review, permit processing and compliance for the organisation.
- Responsible for legal advisory services that ensures both regulatory compliance and business continuity
- Anticipates and identifies legal issues in order to develop legal strategies and solutions, often in situations of great political, public relations, or financial risk or significance, and with limited time for assessing alternatives.
- Drafting and vetting of various Agreements, Contracts and other documents.
- Prepare, review and modify legal documents/contractual instruments and MOUs/MOAs to assist and support various business activities/functional departments.
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on various aspects of laws to various functional departments.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the legal department for management meetings.
- Review energy development permit proposals and project designs for assessment of consistency with land use designations and regulations, project alternatives, air emission controls, environmental impacts such as aesthetics and other general environmental impacts
- Conduct rigorous due diligence on energy projects to ensure industry compliance
- Provide technical information, assistance and coordination with agencies and relevant technical advisory committees
- Any other related duty
- A bachelor’s degree in Law
- A Post-graduate degree in law will be an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Must have at least 5 years’ work experience in a similar function, with a total minimum of 10 – 12 years legal experience
- Have been called to Bar
- Business and industry knowledge
- Ability to focus on the details of a transaction without losing sight of the larger picture.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislation