Website Rhizome Consulting
Rhizome Consulting is a boutique management consulting firm providing organisational development and human capital solutions. We help organisations to improve their performance through analysis of their human capital potentials and challenges.
The position holder will be responsible for providing financial and fiduciary support to the Fiscal Agent for the Global Fund Project in Nigeria, working closely with the principal recipients and sub-recipients. S/he will ensure the effective and optimal utilisation and allocation of financial resources for projects, including finance, record, and expenditure management.
- Provide support in monitoring compliance with the Terms of Reference (ToRs) and maintaining quality control over the principal recipients/sub-recipients of the assigned portfolio.
- Supervise and support the implementers on various aspects of system requirements, accounting and financial reporting processes
- Train the implementers’ finance staff on the operation of a proper, efficient, and transparent financial management system, which support the implementation of projects funded by the donor.
- Supervise and assist in implementing procedures for financial management, accounting and reporting, including procedures for internal controls and systems of accountability
- Protect the financial management activity from fraud, waste and abuse.
- Implement and supervise guidelines and checklists for the management of grants.
- Maintain together with the FA GL the accounting system including voucher definitions
- Assume other operational, functional and contractual obligations and responsibilities as is customary in performing the duties of a fiscal agent
- Any other fiduciary functions as required by management
- A post-graduate degree in Finance or any relevant field of study
- ICAN, ACCA and any other relevant professional qualification is desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 12 years’ relevant experience
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to manage and resolve conflicts
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proven ability to develop staff and provide training on systems and procedures
- A thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting bookkeeping and financial management
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
About the Project
The Global Fund is a public-private partnership and international financing institution dedicated to attracting and disbursing additional resources to prevent and treat HIV and AIDS, TB and malaria.