Urban Wallets: Income Demographics & Social Mobility
How are people feeling about their prospects for making it to the top rungs of the income bracket? How do current income disparities manifest in people’s minds as they go about working their way to the top? How aware are people of where they are on the economic ladder and how does this awareness define their pursuits – economic, professional, even romantic?
- Which of these best describes how you grew up?
- Which of these best describes your current level?
- Things are economically better for me than they were for my parents
- I am likely to offer a better lifestyle and education to my kids than my parents could afford for me
- At this point in my life, I am at the same level or further along financially than my parents were at my current age
- With education, hard work and dedication, it is relatively straightforward to escape poverty in this country
- With education, hard work and dedication, you are very likely to live a comfortable life in this country
- What is the biggest obstacle standing in the way of achieving your dreams?
- There is a large gap between different income groups in my country
- Everyone in my country generally has access to the same good opportunities to progress in life
- How would you rank the access to good opportunities in your part of the country?
- I live in a fair society
- It is getting easier for people from less advantaged families to move up in my society