Body Image & Social Media - Health, Fitness & Wellness
We explore how social media highlights and shapes our perception of the ideal body – for both men and women. How does this affect, inform, drive, or mar our general wellbeing and health – mental and physical?
- What part(s) or aspects of your body do you admire/feel comfortable with?
- Has anyone in your life ever made comments about you that affected your body image negatively?
- Did any of these comments lead you to changing any aspects of your body/health/wellness?
- What physique/body type do you aspire to have?
- What/who influences your perception of what you should look like?
- What physique/body type do you think/feel your partner should have?
- What/who gives you an idea of what your partner should look like?
- What physique/body type do you think/feel your partner wants or would want you to have?
- Do you ever admire people’s physiques on social media?
- Which social media platforms are you most likely to find yourself admiring people’s looks?
- How do you feel when you see someone online or on social media with your ideal physique/body type?
- How are you planning to achieve your body goals?